- Fundamental understanding of thin film optical coatings and applied material science techniques used in a production or research environment. Large area sputtering systems and / or sputtering optical thin film technologies a plus.
- Need to apply design of experiment techniques and data monitoring and collection of critical process parameters.
- Troubleshooting problems that occur during the manufacturing process of the optical coatings related to uniformity, color and durability.
- Work with product and process development teams to prepare for new coatings.
- SPC to monitor product quality and maintain processes to improve the quality of vacuum coating processes and other techniques such as sampling plans, experimental design, process capability analysis, and process improvement plans.
- Work jointly with plant engineers and maintenance personnel to meet process performance requirements at the coater and peripheral support equipment, i.e., washer, control systems and conveyors.
- Document and formalize work instruction documents supporting the coater and washer maintenance activities.
- Work closely with production personnel to provide support engineering to maintain high level of coated product reliability throughout the coating operation.
- Strong analytical skills, utilizing effective troubleshooting and problem solving techniques on a variety of tools and instruments required in the manufacturing of thin film coatings.
- Computer literacy, demonstrated in the effective use of spreadsheet reporting techniques, and as it applies to operating advanced coater support equipment.
- SPC to monitor product quality and maintain processes to improve the quality of vacuum coating processes and other techniques such as sampling plans, experimental design, process capability analysis and process improvement plans.